Twitter is a POWERFUL social media and marketing tool. The following video illustrates a bit of what you need to know to experience success as a marketer on Twitter AND how to grow your following. I will be introducing you to a tool called “Tweet Adder” and talk briefly about how to use it wisely so your Twitter account remains in good standing!
Banners Broker has created a “win-win” for the affiliates and their advertisers… properly using twitter will help “spread the word” and help YOU grow your Banners Broker account!
Tweet Adder 4 can be applied to nearly any business application – including what we are doing with Banners Broker. Twitter has demanded some modifications in the use of automated tools as I discussed in my video above.
The most critical change in Tweet Adder 4 is that the software no longer automatically follows and unfollows accounts AND it is “compliant” with the Twitter API (it is what Tweet Adder uses to connect to Twitter). This was mandated by Twitter in a legal filing last year, I believe, against Tweet Adder and several other companies with “Twitter adder” type software as a move against inveterate spammers. While you can continue to run searches largely as you did with earlier tools, you actually have to click on a button in the search results list for each person you want to follow (or, alternately, discard from your follow list). You saw me illustrate this in the video. The same is true for unfollowing accounts, although Tweet Adder has added some filter options to make that function a bit easier.
The rest of the functionality, particularly sending out automated tweets, thank you messages, DMs, and following people back who follow you first, remains largely the same – and automated!
You can get your own copy of Tweet Adder 4 HERE.
A few more Twitter tips…
- Add content that will be of VALUE to your followers (I suggest 90:10 ratio of content:promotion/marketing) – this means if you are posting BB advertisements, they should be “peppered in” with other posts you make throughout the week
- Learn to use the automation in Tweet Adder 4 – automatic thank you messages; auto tweets; and how to find followers of others AND THEN sift through those who “follow you back” and those who do not.
- As you grow your “follower base” – do not let those whom you are following get too far ahead (try to maintain a 1:1 ratio – especially as you approach 2000 followers)
- Limit your additions to 50/day at first, then ramp up to 100/day – but vary it! Don’t do the same number each day – and if you can spread it out throughout the day. As you saw in my video, it only takes a couple of minutes to identify 20 from a targeted list and add them.
- The tool I’m recommending is POWERFUL. Use it wisely (and at your own risk!) Read the documentation and take my advice to heart! You do not want to build a twitter account and then have it shut down because you rushed things!!